Have you noticed after connected to the public Wi-Fi that you couldn’t able to open your important files or documents? This is due to the vulnerabilities in public Wi-Fi network, which you have connected in your system.
All you need to do to get rid of the issue as mentioned above and to avoid repetition in near future, you should try installing a strong antivirus like Kaspersky. It has a wide range of products including internet security that checks on your Wi-Fi network each time you tried to connect to any public network (Wi-Fi). The Kaspersky application alerts you beforehand about the security level of the Wi-Fi network.
In case you’re wondering how to activate the product after you have installed it on your system then you need to visit activation.kaspersky.com
And to receive an alert about the vulnerabilities in public Wi-Fi network, you need to follow the steps–
- Open the Kaspersky main application window.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ button.
- Select the ‘Protection’ section.
- Choose the ‘Firewall’ subsection.
- Select the ‘Notify of the vulnerabilities in Wi-Fi networks’ checkbox, in case it is removed.
- If you don’t wish to receive the notification then remove the checkbox.
- This particular checkbox is selected by default.
- In case the ‘Notify of the vulnerabilities in public Wi-Fi networks’ checkbox is selected then you can go for editing the advanced settings for the notifications-
- You need to select the ‘block as well as an alert about the insecure transmission passwords been carried way over the internet’ checkbox to block all the transmission of passwords in non-encrypted text format.
This is needed when you are trying to enter the password on the box and the checkbox is cleared by default.
- Selecting the reset hidden alert link putting back the default values of the settings for alerting you about the transfer of passwords in non-encrypted form.
For more information on Kaspersky or on its product, call kaspersky support team.